Friday, June 2, 2017

Confetti Calmer

Putting some left-over confetti to good use with this calming confetti sensory bottle.

Confetti sensory bottle.

What you need:
- plastic bottle (I used a Sparkling ICE one), make sure the lid doesn't leak
- water
- clear hand soap (approx. 1/4 bottle)
- selection of confetti

How it works:
The nice thing about this activity is that it can be really hands on for toddlers in the preparation stage as well as the play stage. My son decided that it would be nice to make it for his baby sister to help her calm down when she gets upset.

We mixed water and the soap in a measuring jug with a fork and then poured it into the plastic bottle using a funnel. My son then enjoyed adding the confetti (we had stars, balloons, spirals and circles). The water naturally turned purple from the confetti which was an unexpected but cool effect. 

Once all of the ingredients were in the bottle I did the lid up very tightly and gave it a good shake. I handed it over to my son who was mesmerised by the swirling confetti. Adding the hand soap helps to slow down the movement of the confetti so it really is trance-inducing. Baby sister is only 12 weeks old but she did enjoy studying the bottle with her eyes which delighted my son.

No comments :

Post a Comment