Saturday, June 24, 2017

Water Gun Paint Fight

This is the ultimate water gun fight with the ultimate canvas..... you! We had such a blast with this energetic messy art activity.

Water gun paint fight complete.

What you need:
- Crayola washable Neon paints
- water
- syringe
- fork
- small water guns
- large water gun
- white t-shirts
- eye protection (we used sunglasses)
- players who are willing to get messy

Materials ready.

How it works:
The first stage was to fill the water guns with the paint mixture. I poured approximately half a pot of paint into a cup and added an equal amount of water. I gave it a good stir with a fork and then used the syringe to fill the water gun with the mixture. I matched the paint colour with the colour of the water gun.

I won't lie, this was a long process! It was definitely worthwhile so stick with it. Or if you have older kids get them to do this part themselves.

I saved any leftover paint mixtures in the cups for the large water gun. I also made a large pink paint mixture using the whole pot of paint ready for the big water gun.

Make sure you remember to take the 'before' photo.......

Before the carnage!

We started off by choosing two water guns each and firing them at each other from a pretty close range.

Double shot.

'I surrender!'.

Then we started to get a little more active and chased each other around the garden. We also had fun hiding and waiting to pounce.



Close range battle.
Things got pretty serious.

Daddy had insisted that he didn't want to get involved with this activity but of course he could not pass up the opportunity to cover Mummy in paint!

Outnumbered!

Once all the paint mixture had been used from the small water guns it was time to bring out the big boy! For this we used the pot of large pink paint and water mixture. Unfortunately Mummy was on the receiving end of a few epic face shots but it was all in the name of art!


Face full of paint!

It took some convincing but after a while my little man agreed to be on the receiving end of a big blast on his back. I let him mix the leftover paints to create his own colour for this. As you can see from the pictures he wasn't too keen.....

Creating his colour.



Mummy I'm not happy!

Here is our 'after' shot (once my little man had stopped being grumpy with me).

Calling a truce.

This activity took a fair amount of preparation but it was so worth it. My son isn't a huge fan of messy play so I was so happy getting to enjoy some fun art with him outdoors in the sunshine. Best of all we have some pretty cool t-shirts to keep as a momento.

No comments :

Post a Comment