Thursday, April 27, 2017

Carrot Cupcakes

Reusing our carrot garden to make some 'scrummy' carrot cupcakes.

Serving up a carrot cupcake.

What you need:
- carrot garden materials from previous post (plastic tub, soil, trowel, cultivator, plastic carrots)
- muffin tin
- muffin cases

How it works:
My son asked if he could plant some carrots like he had the previous day so we got the 'carrot garden' tub out again (I love it when he proactively asks for an activity again!).

After a while I wanted to ignite some new creativity so I gave him a muffin tin and some muffin cases and off he went, full throttle making carrot cupcakes and selling them to me for obscene prices. Another nice and easy activity to set up and great role play with numbers.

Filling up the tin with soil and carrots to make cupcakes.

He doesn't look too sure about his creation!

No comments :

Post a Comment