Thursday, April 27, 2017

Felt Colour Car Park

Another idea for a compact travel activity that combines some colour work with design and cars. A sure fire hit for my vehicle-mad toddler.

Felt colour car park.

What you need:
large piece of grey felt
- yellow strips of felt (two long and approx. eight small) for the road markings
- 16 small strips of white felt for the parking bay lines
- two of each colour parking bays (I used purple, green, red, orange, blue, white and yellow)
- small container to store it all in

Colour car park in a container.

How it works:
This activity didn't take long to prepare, just lots of felt cutting basically. My son was very excited when I gave him the container and he could see cars inside. He opened up the container and straight away he said 'do I need to build a road?'. I didn't give him any instructions as such but instead let him explore the materials.

Firstly my son placed the yellow road markings down the middle of the felt. Next he started to lay down the white parking bay lines and colour car park rectangles.

Setting up his colour car park.

He soon realised that the colour of the parking bays matched the colour of the cars in the container. Of course the main attraction of this activity was getting to 'broom' his cars and carefully park them in the correct colour parking spots.


Carefully reversing into a parking bay.
Brrrooooommmm!
Very pleased with his completed car park.

The great thing about this activity is that it is so easy to pack up and use over and over again. I'm hoping that it will give me enough peace to get my much needed morning coffee at Starbucks every now and again.

All parked up.

No comments :

Post a Comment